The Academic Visitor process begins prior to a Visitor's arrival on a University of Pittsburgh campus and can extend beyond the actual visit itself. The process includes five steps that cover the lifecycle of a visit. Checklists for each step in the Hosting Visitors process can assist host department administrators and faculty members as they manage individual visits.
Each of the checklist documents listed below also is available on the relevant webpage under Hosting Visitors. All documents are PDF files.
- Step 1: Determine Visitor Category
- Step 2: Visitor Screening and Export Controls Review
- Step 3: Centralized Invitation Review and Agreement Processing
- Step 4: Visitor Onboarding Procedures (Category 2 and 3 Visitors only)
- Step 5: Visitor Departure and Close-Out Procedure (Category 2 and 3 Visitors only)
A two-page Academic Visitor Procedure Summary (PDF) provides a consolidated overview of the Visitor process. Consult the Visitor Process Overview section for additional information on the Visitor process and each of the five relevant steps.